- This event has passed.
Auditions – A Doll’s House
August 8, 2021 - August 9, 2021
Auditions for this show are a TWO-STEP process. You need to book your time slot for your audition first, then fill out the Audition Form. See the links below:
- Select Your Time Slot: https://signup.com/login/entry/224383856068
Available Time Slots
Sunday, August 8thCHILDREN ONLY5:00-5:30 pm 5 slots available5:30-6:00 pm 5 slots availableADULTS7:00-8:00 pm 10 slots available8:00-9:00 pm 10 slots available9:00-9:30 pm 10 slots available (if needed)Monday, August 9thADULTS7:00-8:00 pm 10 slots available8:00-9:00 pm 10 slots available9:00-9:30 pm 10 slots available (if needed)
2. Fill Out the Audition Form: https://forms.gle/67d71wm28wKgKfn19
Other information regarding auditions and the show is available on the audition form.
A Doll’s House
by Henrik Ibsen
Performances: October 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16 and 17
Directed by Kim Campbell
AUDITIONS BY APPOINTMENT: August 8th , 9th and 10th (for callbacks, if necessary), 2021
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. A headshot and resume are
appreciated but not mandatory. Please bring your calendar or dates reflecting any
conflicts you may have. Vaccines required for ages 12 and up by the first read-through.
Children auditions Sunday, August 8 at 5:00-6:00 pm
THE SETTING OF THE PLAY:
Set in nineteenth century Norway, Ibsen’s A Doll’s House focuses on the married life of
banker Torvald Helmer and his wife Nora. A young middle-class couple with three small
children, their seemingly respectable marriage is revealed to be a broken and bloodless
Character Descriptions: (Suggested ages)
- Nora Helmer 20’s-30’s, is the heroine of the play. Still a young woman, she is
married to Torvald Helmer and has three children.
- Torvald Helmer 40’s, is a lawyer who at the play’s outset has recently been
promoted to Bank Manager. He is married to Nora Helmer.
- Kristine Linde 30’s-40’s, is an old friend of Nora’s. She is a woman whose
marriage was loveless, and based on a need for financial security, and who doesn’t
have any children.
- Nils Krogstad 30-40’s, is, at least at the beginning, the antagonist of the play.
Known to the other characters as unscrupulous and dishonest, he blackmails Nora,
who borrowed money from him with a forged signature.
- Dr. Rank 30-50’s, is a doctor who is best friends with Torvald and Nora, who he visits every day. Dr. Rank suffers from spinal tuberculosis.
- Anne Marie 50-60’s, Nursemaid to both Nora and Nora’s children, is a kind woman who was forced to give up her own child.
- Helene 20-30’s, the maid, whose name is Helene, is a servant in the Helmers’ household.
- The Messenger any age, the porter who delivers the Helmers’ Christmas tree.
- The Children under the age of 8, Nora and Torvald have three children, whose names are Ivar, Bobby, and Emmy. Still fairly young, they delight in playing with their mother. Although they are referred to by the others very frequently, they are only seen once on stage in the beginning of the show.